Thursday, January 30, 2014

Week 2, Progress & Reading Response

Inspiration Images:


                         

Progress:








Reading Response:


Thomas Kinkade, One-For-All, Pages: 18-23

In reading this article, I feel my connection to Thomas Kinakde's goals, are reaffirmed. From his hazy and warms tones, to his famous use of light, as well as his subject matter, Kinkade evokes the desire to hold onto the beautiful, the comforting and the majestic and to inspire his audience of the better things in life; although my work is different in many ways, the desire I have to create happiness and hope in the world around me, is much the same as his.

I feel that the article's observation, of Kinkade's great financial and promotional success, can be seen in two ways. In one way, the article may make the reader feel, that Kinkade is detached from his sentiments and focuses more on the output and rewards of of such distribution; in another view, one may formulate that his ability, to sell so many works to a large population, is a reflection of his goals to meet a large audience and to ease their burdens of life. I myself, by watching and reading of Kinkade's lifestyle and character, agree with the later.

I also feel, that while humanity does desire art, which reflects sorrow, despair, alienation, mystery, tribulation and confusion, for these are all very real human emotions, I believe that there is a much greater desire to feel beauty, love and hope and to allow such sentiments to heal the effects of despair or sorrow. As the article reflects Kinkade's great success, among a wide audience, I hold that these thoughts, may reflect such truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment